Ft. Lauderdale Plumbers Are Not All Created Equal
If you Google Fort Lauderdale plumbers you will discover that there is no shortage of plumbing companies to choose from. Quantity isn’t an issue but professionalism, integrity, reliability and quality can be. With over 25 years serving the Fort Lauderdale community, Paradise Service Technologies, a leading plumbing and air conditioning service company, would like to offer up some tips on how to pick a plumbing company that will meet your expectations.
- Find a Plumber Before You Need One. Don’t rely on trial and error when evaluating a plumbing service. Remember, you are inviting a stranger into your home. You need at least the basic background information on this person before he or she sets foot in your home. Referrals from friends and trusted associates are a good way to find reliable companies, and reliable companies rely on referrals for the bulk of their new business. Build a list and then start calling.
- Who Answers the Phone. When you start calling companies to get some background, who answers the phone? Smaller plumbers often do not have an office staff and rely on an answering service or worse an answering machine. If you get a person who actually works for the plumbing company how are you treated? Do they answer your questions completely? Do they sound like they want your business?
- Quotes Over the Phone Mean Bupkis. If the plumbing company tries to sell you on price be suspicious. The fact is a professional cannot offer a quote until he or she has actually seen the problem. What you can get is the service call rate and if their policy is to provide a written quote before they start work.
- Do They Offer Emergency Plumbing Service? Many plumbers offer 24/7 service but for some that means they keep their pager next to their bed. The term "emergency" can also mean different things to different plumbers. For some it may mean a response time under an hour and for others it might be a promise to get to it "first thing in the morning." Get a solid explanation from the company as to their response times and services provided.
- Do They Offer Comprehensive Services? Every plumbing company will be able to fix a leaky faucet or repair or replace a garbage disposal but not every company has the equipment or experience to provide the larger problems that clogged sewer lines, wall pipe leaks, remodeling projects and septic tank repair generate. If you are going to develop a relationship make sure they can handle all of your plumbing needs.
At Paradise Service Technology our greatest source of new business comes from customer referrals and requests for emergency plumbing service. If you would like to explore the possibility of us becoming your go-to plumber when you need one, call us now and speak to a friendly service representative.